Like most associations, you’ll want to contemplate whether to do this yourself or get help through the process.
In 2011, Melynn facilitated an AE workgroup for the National Association of REALTORS® to develop a toolkit for developing a value proposition. Since then, almost 100 associations have followed this process. There’s more information to help you create your value proposition yourself on this site.
Some association executives want more guidance through the process. Association executives say that working with nSight Marketing helps them:
- Take an outside-in point of view to your members about your association.
- Invest in a process that will yield a new way of thinking for the Board and staff, and then for members.
- Ensure the time you spend leads to a strong return on investment.
- To Listen. Association executive’s get much more out of being part of the process instead of leading it.
- Get to the essence of “So What?” Why your association should matter.
While you can create your value proposition yourself, many associations have decided the investment is important enough to get outside expertise. If you want help through the process, please contact us to talk further or schedule your project. Once you create your clear, simple message of value, we can also help you develop a plan for how to communicate it, to keep it alive and to help it grow.